Saturday, November 6
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In this workshop designed for writers, we’ll cover the basics of copyrights, trademarks, and key provisions of publishing contracts so that you’ll understand the fine print without having a law degree.
In this session, you’ll learn:
• The differences between Copyright, Trademarks, Patents and Service Marks
• The Copyright Registration Process and the CASE law
• What is the Public Domain?
• What is the Fair Use Doctrine?
• Which Business Entity is best for my writing career?
• What are the Right of Privacy, Libel and Slander?
• The Anatomy of a Publishing Deal-Contract Basics
• Resources to help you protect your rights