Staff and Friends of the Library are grateful for book donations. Any material accepted as a donation may either be added to the library’s collection or given to the Friend’s annual book sale in the fall.
There is an unattended book drop in the parking lot of the Volunteer Services Center at 30 Harrison Avenue. There is also a small book drop at the back of the library.
Kinds of materials accepted:
- Books in good condition – hard cover or paperback, fiction or non-fiction, adult or children’s
- Books published in last 5 years (library). Friends accept some older volumes.
- Textbooks (in good condition, any publication year, and highlighting is ok for these)
- Recent best sellers
- Classic titles in excellent condition
- CDs, DVDs, & vinyl records in good condition
Items not accepted:
- Anything worn, tattered, yellowed, stained, musty or moldy (i.e., books that we must discard)
- Anything highlighted (other than textbooks), written in or drawn upon
- Abridged or condensed books
- Harlequin romance paperbacks
All donations are tax deductible. A receipt is available upon request. Please note: the library or Friends cannot assess the value of your gift.