Downloading to smartphones & tablet devices (running iOS/Android/Windows). If you need additional help, visit the Libby help page or contact the Reference desk at 203-488-1441, ext. 318 with any questions.
Install the Libby App:
- Visit the App/Play Store and search for the Libby app.
- Download & install app.
- Tap icon to open.
- When asked if you have a library card, select Yes.
- Follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a library card.
Click on the magnifying glass to search for a title. Click on the library icon to find curated lists, new titles or popular ones. You can also browse for a title, search only available items, filter for ebooks or audiobooks, for reading level and more.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (you will need to log in to your Amazon account) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby, Open Magazine, or Open Audiobook to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.