Virtual Book Cart
The Virtual Book Cart is back! It is an easy way to obtain lightly used books, mostly 2022-2023 publications– in both hardcover and trade paperback format, at great prices ($4 for hardcover and $3 for trade paperback). Shop now before the book sale!
Browsing and purchasing is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Click Friends Virtual Book Cart to browse the books we currently have for sale. You can search by author or title. We will be adding books frequently, so check our inventory often.
- See something you would like to buy? Send us an email at JBMLFriendsBookCart@gmail.com. We will reply to let you know if the books are available, the total cost, and when the books will be available for pick up. Payment must be exact change or by check made payable to Friends of the Blackstone Library (FJBML).
- Pick up the books at the circulation desk at the Blackstone Library (back entrance). Just stop at the Circulation Desk and inform them you have a Virtual Book Cart pickup. You can pick-up anytime the library is open.
Quantities of a specific title are limited, so books will be made available to the first person making the request. Books will need to be picked up within a week. After a week, they will be returned to inventory. Questions, or if you want to be included in our email mailing list, please send us an email at JBMLFriendsBookCart@gmail.com.
We would like to hear from you!
If you have comments or questions, please send an email to email@example.com. We would be happy to hear from you.
About the Friends of the James Blackstone Memorial Library
The Friends of the James Blackstone Memorial Library was founded in 1988 is a 501c3 charity supporting the Blackstone library through a variety of fundraising activities including an annual book sale, online book sales, and other activities. Currently we have several hundred members and approximately 50 year-round volunteers. All money raised through various fund-raisers minus operating expenses is donated to the library. The Library director attends all Friends Board Meetings and prioritizes funding requests. Friends sponsor lectures and programs and provide funds for special programming, particularly for the Youth Services Department, as well as funds for the purchase of equipment for the library, museum passes, movies, concerts, furniture, and plantings for the library grounds. Friends donated over $50,000 to the library in fiscal year ending June 30, 2022.
Check out the latest Marble Columns (Friends Newsletter)
Summer 2022 | Fall 2022 | Late Fall 2022 | Winter 2023
If you have a question for the Friends, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Like us on Facebook!
- President, Barbara Barrett
- Vice President, Carrie Lakin
- Secretary, Linda Milici
- Treasurer, Jonathan Grande
Leslie Becker Sandra Brockett
Ann Davis Joe Genua
Jane Kenealy Andy McKirdy
John Smith Jill Thomas
Bylaws (Approved May 17, 2022)
How you can support Friends:
Buy an Annual Membership: Memberships start as low as $10 for seniors and students, individuals are $15, etc. A Membership helps us to support the Library. As a member you receive quarterly Marble Columns mailing as well as exclusive early access to the Fall Book Sale. Scroll down to join or donate!
Become a Volunteer
In addition to volunteering at our annual book sale, we have many volunteer opportunities all year round. If you are interested in helping us, please email to email@example.com.
Seniors (60+) and students: $10
Best Friend: $100
Join now by selecting your desired Membership Level and then pay via PayPal or a credit card on the Pay Now button.
If you would like to make a donation to the Friends, please click on the link below: