THIS YEAR GIVE THE GIFT OF READING
Shower your friends and family with books instead of snow for the holidays, and at the same time benefit the Blackstone Library. The Friends of the Blackstone has launched its new ‘Virtual Book Cart’, an easy way to obtain ‘newish’ books, mostly fiction – in both hardcover and trade paperback format, at nominal prices ($3 for hardcover and $2 for trade paperback). Also included will be some limited newer nonfiction and some popular fiction titles for your wish list. Click for more information!
The Friends are now on Facebook!
The Friends of the James Blackstone Memorial Library support the library through a variety of fundraising activities including an annual book sale. We sponsor lectures and programs and provide funds for special programming, particularly for the Youth Services Department, as well as funds for the purchase of equipment for the library, museum passes, movies, concerts, furniture and plantings for the library grounds. Anyone can join the Friends of the Blackstone Library. If you have a question for the Friends, please email us at email@example.com
- President, Al Bertoline
- Vice President, Barbara Barrett
- Secretary, Ellen Carucci
- Treasurer, Jonathan Grande
- Membership, Judy Stebbins
By-Laws (Approved March 1, 2016)
- Friends group founded in 1988
- A separate 501(c)3 (non profit status)
- 550 members, approximately 250 members volunteer
- Governance is by a board; officers are elected for 2 year terms and directors are appointed for varied terms
- Board meets monthly except for January and July
- Annual meeting for members takes place in June
- The library director attends all board meetings and prioritizes the funding requests
- All money raised except for modest expenses is donated back to the library
- Book Sale is major fund raiser but we have ongoing book sales in the library, a holiday gift basket sale and an annual matching gift
- Friends members enjoy a special preview night at the annual book sale
Seniors (60+) and students: $10
If you would like to become a Friend, you can mail a check to the library or leave it at any service desk. You can also use your PayPal account or a credit card by clicking on the Pay Now button below. Be sure to choose your membership level before clicking the Pay Now button.
If you would like to make a donation to the Friends, please click on the link below: