Time to Explore
Enjoy free and discounted entry to many museums with our museum passes!
We have the following passes available:
- Children’s Museum in West Hartford – printable pass
180 Mohegan Dr. | West Hartford | 860.231.2824 | www.thechildrensmuseumct.org
Pass admits 1 free for every paid admission, up to a maximum of 4 free admissions per day. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Connecticut River Museum – physical pass
67 Main Street | Essex | 860.767.8269 | www.ctrivermuseum.org
Pass admits 2 adults and their children for free. Sponsored by the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation.
- Connecticut State Parks & Forest – physical pass
www.ct.gov/deep | 860.424.3200
Waives entrance fees for 2 adults and 4 children at Dinosaur State Park, Gillette Castle, Fort Trumbull and the Visitors Center in New London from April 21 – October 8.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo – physical pass
1875 Noble Avenue | Bridgeport | 203.394.6565 | www.beardsleyzoo.org
$10 admission per person for up to 2 adults and 4 children. Sponsored by the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation.
- Connecticut’s Old State House – physical pass
800 Main Street | Hartford | 860.522.6766 | www.cga.ct.gov/osh
Free admission for up to 4 visitors.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center – physical pass
109 Pequotsepos Road | Mystic | 860.536.1216 | www.dpnc.org
Free admission for up to 5 visitors, includes the museum and walking trails. Sponsored by the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation.
- Discovery Science Center & Planetarium – printable pass
4450 Park Avenue | Bridgeport | 203.372.3521 | www.shudiscovery.org
4 free child admissions with 1 paid adult admission. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Florence Griswold Museum – printable pass
96 Lyme Street | Old Lyme | 860.434.5542 | www.florencegriswoldmuseum.org
Free admission for 2 adults & 2 children under 12. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center – printable pass
110 Pequot Trail | Ledyard | 800.411.9671 | www.pequotmuseum.org
Admits 4 people for free to the permanent exhibits during regular hours. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Mystic Seaport Museum – printable pass
75 Greenmanville | Mystic | 860.572.0711 | www.mysticseaport.org
1/2 off regular admission for 2 adults & 2 children. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- New Britain Museum of American Art – printable pass
56 Lexington Street | New Britain | 860.229.0257 | www.nbmaa.org
Pass admits 4 people free; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Niantic Children’s Museum – physical pass
409 Main Street | Niantic | 860.691.1111 |www.nianticchildrensmuseum.org
1/2 price admission for up to 4 people. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo – online discount code
1000 Elmwood Avenue | Providence, RI | 401.785.3510 | www.rwpzoo.org
$3 admission discount for up to 4 people, tickets must be ordered online to receive that rate. Sponsored by the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation.
- Shore Line Trolley Museum – printable pass
17 River Street | East Haven | 203.467.6927 | www.shorelinetrolley.org
Admits up to 4 people to visit the museum and unlimited trolley rides at a 50% off discount. Season runs April-December. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center – physical pass
39 Scofieldtown Road | Stamford | 203.322.1646 | www.stamfordmuseum.org
Free admission for 2 adults and 4 children to museum, nature center, farm, planetarium & observatory. Sponsored by the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation.
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children – physical pass
Mathews Park | 303 West Avenue | Norwalk | 203.899.0606 | www.steppingstonesmuseum.org
One free admission for every paid admission. Maximum of 3 free admissions per visit. Sponsored by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art – printable pass
600 Main Street | Hartford | 860.278.2670 |www.thewadsworth.org
Free admission for 2 adults and 2 children and buy 1 get 1 for film admission.
Blackstone Museum Pass Policies
- All reservations require a valid library card.
- Passes are limited to 1 per household per checkout date.
- Families cannot checkout the same pass more than 3x in a month.
- All passes can be reserved up to 3 months in advance.
- Printable passes will be sent to your inbox, be sure to check your SPAM folder.
You do not need to visit the library once the reservation is complete.
- Physical passes must be picked up at the Youth Services desk.
These passes are due the following day of use and can be returned in the bookdrop.
- If you do not return a physical pass you will be charged the full cost of a replacement that was set by that particular museum.
Museum Passes have been made possible by the Friends of the James Blackstone Memorial Library and the Allan Louis Loeb Foundation
Free Connecticut Museums
Admissions to these museums are FREE, so library passes are not required.
Ballard Institute and Museum
1 Royce Circle | Mansfield | 860.486.8580
Connecticut College Arboretum
270 Mohegan Avenue | New London | 860.439.5020
Connecticut State Museum of Natural History
219 Hillside Road | Storrs | 860.486.4460
Davison Art Center
301 High Street | Middletown | 860.685.2500
Knights of Columbus Museum – Michael McGivney Center
1 State Street | New Haven | 203.865.0400
Museum of Connecticut History
231 Capitol Avenue | Hartford | 860.757.6535
Submarine Force Museum
1 Crystal Lake Road | Groton | 860.694.3174
735 Nod Hill Road | Wilton | 203.834.1896
William Benton Museum
245 Glenbrook Road | Storrs | 860.486.4520
Yale Center for British Art
1080 Chapel Street | New Haven | 203.432.2800
Yale University Art Gallery
111 Chapel Street | New Haven | 203.432.0600