Pine Orchard Union Chapel

Pine Orchard Chapel

Photo credit: Branford Historical Society

The Pine Orchard Chapel was originally built to serve the summer colony of Pine Orchard. Frank and Henry Wallace donated the land in 1896, with the provision that a chapel be built. A committee of three men, George Sheldon, Samuel E. Dibble and Alden M. Young organized the fundraising and the construction. Union Chapel was dedicated on July 4, 1897. Religious services were discontinued in 1963 and the chapel has been used for community activities. The style of the chapel is Queen Anne.