Center Cemetery, located at 171 Montowese Street, was established in the 1640s, originally the location of the meeting house. It was enlarged in 1850 and in 1903, The Branford Cemetery Association purchased an additional six acres. In 1935 The Connecticut Tercentennial Committee planted an oak tree in Center Cemetery to commemorate the site of the first church in Branford. The tree was an offspring of the famous Charter Oak in Hartford. The cemetery is administered by the Branford Cemetery Association.